Here is an overview of upcoming and current translation projects in their various states of progress. By supporting me on Patreon and/or Paypal you can either increase the rate of updates and/or unlock a spot for a story or interview of your own choosing in the current projects list.
Story Unlocked projects (2/2)
Story Unlocker will always have two concurrent projects (2 interviews or 1 interview and 1 story) going on regardless of what I receive through Patreon or Paypal. I guarantee at least one update per month for each project listed here. Patrons who pledge at least $10 a month can vote for the next upcoming project.
Status: On Hiatus
Patron Unlocked projects (0/0)
If you’re willing to chip in for another open spot, take a look at the Outstanding projects list. Is there anything that interests you? Or is there something else you’d like to see translated? Patrons who pledge for at least $20 a month may pick. A one time donation is also possible through Paypal.
Due to time constrictions I won’t work on these projects until a spot is freed in the Current Projects list.
- The Amber Pipe by Kouga Saburou
- Tomihiko Morimi interview
These projects are on a back-burner and need some love! By pledging $20 or more per month on Patreon you can ensure that a project of your choosing will be translated monthly. In addition, you will receive additional benefits by becoming a patron. It’s also possible to donate directly via Paypal. Please specify to whatever you’d like to make your contribution towards. On the other hand, a general donation will be assigned to a project in need to ensure they get finished.
For projects listed below my rates are $0.02 per character. Anything else will have a rate of $0.05 per character.
- Short stories by various writers (TBA)
I’m mostly interested in interviews with Japanese mystery/detective novelists (e.g. Higashino Keigo, Kyougoku Natsuhiko), but I’m also open to other creators such as animation staff and mangaka.
- 2009 Special interview with Hatsuno Sei ~A new-generation novelist who jumps over the fences of genres~ (HaruChika, Mizu no Tokei) (original pdf available upon request – 38.000 characters / 28 pages. Yes, it’s huge.)
- 2010 Quilala Interview (original text – +- 5000 characters)
- 2012 Dialogue with Hatsuno Sei (original text – +- 7000 characters)
- 2015 Webdoku Interview (original text – 16.000 characters)
- 2016 Konomanga Interview (original text – 10.000 characters)
- 2016 Entertainment Station Interview (original text – 9500 characters)
- 2016 Ghibli Exhibition Pamphlet: I bought this pamphlet after visiting the Ghibli Exhibition in Roppongi. The pamphlet contains an interview with Producer Suzuki Toshio and an overview of Ghibli’s works, each work accompanied with a comment by Suzuki.
- 2016 The Red Turtle Interview: Toshio Suzuki x Michael Dudok de Wit
- 2008 Webdoku interview (original text – +- 10.000 characters)
- 2011 e-hon Interview (original text – 3300 characters)
Yonezawa Honobu (Hyouka/Kotenbu series, The Petit Bourgeois series)
- 2007 Webdoku Interview (original text – +- 9000 characters)
- 2013 Kenbunden Interview (original text – 18.500 characters)
Here is a list of people who have supported Story Unlocker through single donations on Paypal or as patrons on Patreon.
- Frog-kun – Fantastic Memes